I’m looking for a sharp and attentive editor to help me with editing client podcast once a week, with scope for this to potentially increase. I need someone who loves working on the audio piece so I can do my thing with the writing and admin bits of the podcast.
The shows I work on are generally pretty simple: one or two tracks, a host and a guest, usually about 30-55 minutes long (depending on the show). I have several clients who work in the online business space and one that works in the childbirth education space, so that’s what the shows will be about.
- Have at lease a year of podcast editing under your belt (but obviously your skill are more important than the amount of time you’ve been doing it!)
- Work in Adobe Audition, this is a requirement.
- Be okay with signing a service agreement, a non-compete agreement, and a non-disclosure agreement.
- Be a regular reliable communicator via email and/or Voxer so we can discuss edits and deadlines.
- Reliably meet deadlines for edits.
The goal is to make sure the expectations and boundaries of the collaboration are clearly worked out before we start working together so the arrangement works well for both of us!
If we have an initial conversation and think we’d like to work together, we can hop on a call and talk about what the work will look like, how we both prefer to work, turnaround times and communication. If that all sounds good, we can sign the necessary documents and start a monthly trial to see if we both like the arrangement.
This role will be on a contract basis and paid monthly. For edits 10-25 mins, the rate will be $25 per edit, for those 30-45 minutes, the rate will be $40 per edit; for those 50-65 minutes the rate will be $60.
To apply, please send me and email at firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of your experience (can be a resume/CV, portfolio, website, whatever you use to showcase your experience) and a link to an episode you edited recently that you’re proud of.
Thank you so much for your interest!